Answered By: Kim Detterbeck Last Updated: Jun 18, 2018 Views: 2058
Lynda.com is a subscription service that helps anyone learn software, technology, business and creative skills via self-paced, online tutorials. While Purchase College does not have a subscription to Lynda.com, all students, faculty, and staff who work or attend school at Purchase College have access to all of Lynda.com's resources via the Westchester Library System. The first step is getting a Westchester Library System card.
Students, faculty, and staff who live or work at Purchase College can get a WLS library card by visiting either Purchase Free Library or Harrison Public Library. Students, Faculty, and Staff with a Purchase College mailing address can apply for a WLS card online: http://www.harrisonpl.org/get-a-library-card
If not applying online, you must visit the Westchester public library of your choosing in-person and bring the proper documentation to obtain a Library card.
Once you have a library card, take the following steps to access Lynda.com:
- Go to the Westchester Library System home page: http://www.westchesterlibraries.org
- Click on the tab labeled “Learn”
- Click on Lynda.com (first item in their menu)
- Click on Create a Profile. You will have to enter your library card number and create a password
- After the profile is created you are able to access all Lynda.com courses/tutorials.
How do I reset my Lynda.com password?
WLS librarians handle account problems and login issues. According to the WLS website: If you need to reset your password, please call Lynda at 1-888-335-9632. Select option 1 and specify that you are calling regarding Lynda Library.