Answered By: Carrie Marten Last Updated: Jul 18, 2019 Views: 233
Use the Library Discovery Search to look up books and obtain the call number. Just follow these steps:
- To search for books in Discovery Search , enter your search terms and select "Books/Media@Purchase." This will limit your search to only books and media held at Purchase College Library.
- Alternatively, select "Books/Media@Purchase" from the dropdown on the right side of the search bar.
- Your search results will yield results that contain your search term(s). Your search term can appear in the title, author name, table of contents, or subject terms.
- To find a particular book in the Library, note the book's call number and availability. Consult the Library's collection maps to find out where a particular call number is located in the Library.
- You can also search by a specific book title by entering the title into the search bar.
- Use can also used "Advanced Search" to enter search terms into specific fields like title or author name.
Purchase College Library uses the Library of Congress classification system to determine the organization of our books. Finding the call number in our catalog is usually faster and easier than browsing without a starting point; however, you are welcome to browse at any time.
If you are unsure about where an item is located or how to use the catalog, please ask for assistance at either the Reference Desk or Circulation Desk.