Answered By: Darcy Gervasio Last Updated: May 02, 2017 Views: 122747
The library has several color printers:
- 2 large format color printers in the DMZ on the main floor (Macs & PCs)
- 2 large format color printers in the Reference Area on the main floor (PCs only)
- 1 large format color printer in Lab 1004B (Macs)
- 1 large format color printer in Lab 1004C (PCs)
- 1 large format color printer in Lab 1004D (PCs)
For more info on printing, see our FAQ on prices and locations of color printers on campus.
There's a trick to printing in color: You must select the color printer in the print menu AND make sure the document is set to print in color under "Printer Properties." (Most of the time, the color printers default to "color" as the output).
The name and location of "Printer Properties" or "Printer Options" may differ depending on what software application you are using. When in doubt, look for terms like "properties," "options," "printer features," or "xerox features."
PC Instructions (for DMZ, Reference Area, 1004C, 1004D):
If using Microsoft Word, Publisher, or Power Point:
2. Click on Printer Properties under the printer name.
3. Navigate to the Printing Options tab. Look at the bottom for Output Color. If you wish to print in color, make sure that Color is selected from this menu. Click OK.
4. Back on the main print screen, click the Print button. The CTS dialog box “Print Job Notification” appears. Verify one last time that you’ve selected the color printer, then click Print. You're good to go!
If using Microsoft Photo Viewer, you have to click Options to get to Printer Properties:
If using Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc.:
1. Go to File>Print. Select DMZ_Color or 1004B Printer 1 or 1004B Printer 2 from the list of printers
2. If the full Print menu does not open, click Show Details to expand your view
3. From the dropdown menu in the middle of the box, choose Xerox Features. (In some programs such as Preview, this dropdown appears beneath additional options like Paper Size and Orientation.)
4. Below the Xerox Features menu, choose Color Options from the next dropdown menu. Select Automatic Color under Color Correction. (This should be the default for the DMZ and 1004B Color printers. Vivid Color will work as well.)
5. Next, click Print.
6. The CTS dialog box “Print Job Notification” appears. Verify one last time that you’ve selected the color printer, then click Print. You're good to go!
You can also use this form to submit a chat question. Try that if you're waiting too long.
This service is staffed by librarians from New York State, as well as other parts of the country. You will not necessarily be chatting with a librarian from Purchase College.