Answered By: Rob Scheuering Last Updated: Jul 29, 2022 Views: 32661
Yes! The Library has several scanners you can use. The Library has two book scanners in the Reference Area.
Here's Scanley Tucci!
One of the large-format, touch-screen scanners located in the Reference Commons Area.
There are three large-format scanning kiosks at the Library. Two are installed in the Reference Area on the first floor. These were affectionately dubbed "Scanley Tucci" and "Feedie Falco" in a student naming contest (named after notable Purchase alumni!) The third, "Scan Deacon," is located in the Music Collection.
Anyone can use our scanners, free of charge!
Using the Scanners
- Just follow the prompts on the touch screen or ask a reference librarian for help!
- Scan documents as a pdf, searchable pdf, word doc, JPEG or TIFF file.
- Save your scans to a USB flash drive, your Google Drive, or email the file to yourself.
- Tip: Works best with your Purchase College email address, but also works with Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail addresses.
- Feedie Falco has a document feeder for scanning loose pages.
- Choose "Searchable PDF" and "300 dpi" to ensure your scans meet accessibility standards.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the document scanners to scan course readings (articles and book chapters) as accessible, searchable PDFs and make them available to students in Moodle.
Here's Feedie Falco!
Feedie is our other touch-screen scanner with a document feeder located in the Reference Commons Area.
Here's Scan Deacon!
Located in the Music Collection room, behind the glass doors on the first floor.