Answered By: Darcy Gervasio Last Updated: Feb 25, 2020 Views: 2438
At the end of each semester, the Purchase College Library is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. During 24/5 we are typically open all night Sunday-Thursday and close on Friday and Saturday nights. Please see the "24/5 Hours" section of our main Hours Page for exact hours.
Services during 24/5
- Text Us typically maintains the same hours as the regular semester. See Text a Librarian hours.
- Use 24/7 Chat for help when the Reference Desk is not staffed.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 2001A and 2001B on the 2nd floor) can be reserved through Roombook. For instructions see http://tinyurl.com/reservestudy
- Respect Your Purchase! Help keep the Library clean and respect the Study Zones during the 24/5 finals period.
- Please be mindful of those studying around you (including on floors below and above) and refrain from holding conversations, meetings, etc. in the Silent and Quiet areas and hallways outside of classrooms.
- Group work should take place in Group Study zones only, and conversations should be held at a reasonable "indoor" volume.
- Always use headphones when playing audio or video on a computer in the Library. Headphones are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk.
- Is someone being too loud? Hand them an Own Your Zone card located in holders throughout the stacks or text a librarian at (914) 873-1711. Help make the Library a calm and relaxing study space for everyone!
- Carry your MORE Card with you at all times if you come to the Library overnight.
- Commuters, please be advised there is no overnight parking in Lot W1 from 2:00am to 6:00am
- When using Library computers, save your work by emailing files to yourself or saving to a USB flash drive--do not save anything to the Desktop/My Documents as public computers are regularly wiped of all files. Lab computers automatically log off if left inactive for 5+ minutes, so if you need to step away, be sure to save your work and log yourself off.
- Please review the Library’s Policies on guests, food & drink, noise, care for library materials, and cell phones.