Answered By: Kim Detterbeck Last Updated: Jan 20, 2017 Views: 263
- Log in to your ARTstor account.
- Double-click an image thumbnail to open the Image Viewer.
- Click (the save icon) in the lower right corner. Please note: If you have zoomed or rotated the image but wish to save it in its entirety, click(the reset icon) to restore the image to its original state.
- A window with ARTstor's terms and conditions will open. Click I Accept.
- You will then be prompted to either Openenen or Saveave Save a zip file, which contains both the JPEG and HTML file that you are attempting to download from the ARTstor Digital Library.
- Please note: if you are working on a PC we suggest that you Open the zip file and then extract the files contained within the zip file. If you are working on a Mac you will save the zip file and in most cases your files will automatically unzip.
- Log into your ARTstor account and open an image group containing 100 or fewer images.
- Above the image group thumbnails, towards the right side of the screen you will see the export to PowerPoint button (). Click this.
- A window will appear telling you how many images you can download in the current 120 day period. Click Yes. You will then be asked to accept the Terms & Conditions of Use for the group of ARTstor images you are downloading. Click Accept.
- A new window will appear with a progress bar as your PowerPoint2007 presentation file is generated. This may take several minutes, depending on the group size.
- If prompted to open or save, choose to SAVE the file to your computer. Once you have saved the .pptx file you can open and edit it using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
Each image will appear on its own slide, with the image data in the notes field below each slide. When in presentation mode, each image will also be hyperlinked to the original image in ARTstor, which you can open to enlarge, pan and rotate online. In compatible versions, this file can also be opened in Keynote.
Keep in mind that all users can export up to 1000 images in a 120 period and this only works with PowerPoint 2007 or later.
Both of these options require that you have an ARTstor account. To register for one (its free and takes two minutes):
- In the Log In area at the upper right side of the screen once you are in ARTstor, click Register
- A registration form will appear. Enter a valid email address, password, your role at your institution, and the academic department you are affiliated with. DO NOT use symbols (e.g., ? /\ <>+ # %) or diacritics (e.g., é å ï ñ ô).
- Click Submit.
- You will automatically be logged in to your new account. The Log In area will change to display a welcome message and your email address.