Answered By: Darcy Gervasio Last Updated: Jan 06, 2015 Views: 28282
The library has six color printers:
- a Dell color printer in computer lab 1004B (Mac lab)
- a large format Xerox Phaser that prints 11x17 in lab 1004B (Mac lab)
- 2 large format color printers in the DMZ on the main floor (Macs & PCs)
- 2 large format color printers in the Reference Area on the main floor (PCs only)
For more info on printing, see our FAQ on prices and locations of color printers on campus.
There's a trick to printing in color: You must select the color printer in the Print menu AND make sure the document is set to print in color under "Printer Properties." The name and location of "Printer Properties" or "Printer Options" may differ depending on what software you are using (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Reader, Photoshop, Microsoft Photo Viewer, Paint, iPhoto, Apple Preview, etc). When in doubt, look for terms like "properties," "options," or "printer features."
PC Instructions (for DMZ or Reference Area):
If using Microsoft Word, Publisher, or Power Point:
2. Select "Printer Properties" under the printer name.
3. Navigate to the “Printing Options” tab. Look at the bottom for "Output Color.” If you wish to print in color, make sure that "Color" is selected from this menu. Click OK.
4. Back on the main print screen, click the “Print” button. The CTS dialog box “Print Job Notification” appears. Verify one last time that you’ve selected the color printer, then click “Print." You're good to go!
Note, if using Microsoft Photo Viewer, you have to click "Options" to get to "Printer Properties":
If using Microsoft Word or Power Point:
1. Go to File>Print. If the full Print menu does not open, click on the blue arrow to expand your view.
2. Select "Dell Color Laser" or "Xerox Phaser" from the list of printers.
3. From the dropdown menu in the middle of the box, choose "Printer Features."
4. In the Printer Features menu, select "Color" under "Output Color." Next, click "Print."
5. The CTS dialog box “Print Job Notification” appears. Verify one last time that you’ve selected the color printer, then click “Print." You're good to go!
You can also use this form to submit a chat question. Try that if you're waiting too long.
This service is staffed by librarians from New York State, as well as other parts of the country. You will not necessarily be chatting with a librarian from Purchase College.