Answered By: Carrie Marten Last Updated: May 04, 2017 Views: 2486
Yes, we have both black and white and color printing in the Library.
Black and White Printer locations:
- Two b&w printers in the Reference Area on the main floor (PCs)
- Two b&w printers in the DMZ on the main floor (PCs and Macs)
- One printer capable of b&w and color printing in in lab 1004D on the main floor (PCs)
- One printer capable of b&w and color printing in in lab 1004C on the main floor (PCs)
- One printer capable of b&w and color printing in in lab 1004B on the main floor (Macs)
Color Printer Locations:
- Two large format* color printers in the DMZ on the main floor (PCs and Macs)
- Two large format* color printers in the Reference Area on the main floor (PCs)
- One large fromat* color printer in Lab 1004D (PCs)
- One large format* color printer in Lab 1004C (PCs)
- One large format* color printer in Lab 1004B (Macs)
*Note: "large format" color printers are able to print on 11 x 17 paper (Tabloid) as well as 8.5 x 11 (Letter) paper.
Other campus buildings with color printing:
For a list of labs outside the Library with color printing, see the CTS page "How to Print a Document in Color."
There is also an EPSON Stylus Pro 9900 plotter printer and a 3D printer in the CTS Printing Lab (Social Science Building, Room 0025). The plotter prints large scale items, such as posters, in color and costs 600 points ($6.00) per square foot.
Costs and Print Allocation
Each student receives a print allocation at the start of every semester. All printing costs are automatically deducted from your print quota at the time of printing. Your balance appears as a box on the screen.
- Printing in black and white costs 5 points per page for one-sided printing, and 3 points per side for double-sided printing (6 points front-and-back).
- Printing in color costs 35 points per page.
- There are no additional charges for printing on tabloid paper rather than letter paper.
For more information about pricing and refunds, see the CTS Print Management page.
You can also use this form to submit a chat question. Try that if you're waiting too long.
This service is staffed by librarians from New York State, as well as other parts of the country. You will not necessarily be chatting with a librarian from Purchase College.